Friday, May 13, 2011

no exception

It was a damp night - the rain has just stopped falling and my feet shuffled, one after the other. And I was missioned to get home and retire in the comfort of my bed.

As I was walking, a soft cry broke the still corridor - it was a girl, in her 20s.

I asked her why she's crying. "I'm heartbroken", she managed.

Like how I would expect another person to tell me things are going to be fine, I told her the same thing.

"No", she said. "It won't"

And how would you know that, I challenged her.

"You don't understand".

I told her that every one will get their hearts broken at some point, and asked her to take a breather.

She cried even harder than before; like she just heard the worst thing.

Guilt simmered through my veins at that, and I offered her my arms - to hold on to.

"It's the fact that I let him broke my heart. Twice. I let him".

You feel like you broke your own heart, I murmured.

"Yes, that's right".

It happened to me too. I felt the same way.

"Really?", she sniffled.

Yes.

And at this point, the wind shifted us a little and I was moved.

You know what, sometimes I don't get it either. I don't get how it happens. How you think you are all aware of it, but you just can't control it. And by the time you try to stop it, it's already too late.

There was silence; thoughts and emotions were floating in the air freely.

She suddenly stopped crying and said

"You're broken too".

And the night closed with a curtain of mist.




3 comments:

Liyana Hanim said...

everything that's broken will somehow be mended again..:)

EzreenaAH said...

omaigad. i so love this! u r good babe..

charlie fa said...

wow.