Just about every muscle and bones in my body right now is aching - as a result of over-working them. What an irony, although given the fact that I have been sleeping less (coz of Ramadhan), but more deeply. I couldn't hear my alarm, couldn't here my sister knock on my door, couldn't recall myself walking downstairs with my blanket and sleeping on the couch with tissue in my hand. When I sleep, I really sleep.
Mostly during the Ramadhan, after solat tarawikh, I'd be having supper and then make myself hot Milo and be sipping it in front of the TV while I lie down. Haha, absolutely a terrible habit since it's never a good idea to drink hot drinks while lying down (but I find comfort in that), and somewhere along the way I'll fall asleep. Yep, in between sips of Milo. And Grey's Anatomy.
So the over-working part is, I did more things while fasting than when I'm not. For example, I walked to and from between the LRT station and my house. It usually took me 15-20mins tops on non-fasting days, but during Ramadhan it took me a freaking 45minutes!! By the time I got home, I was panting and on my knees in front of the door, unable to even put the key in the hole and turn the knob.
I also strained my endorphines aka the happy hormones. I got easily agitated and moody especially when it comes to issues pertaining food. But the straining part is not that, it's when I try to cover up this agitation and act all cool and calm - coz it's the Ramadhan after all. I needed to be the best I could be.
I got into more things than I should have. I signed up for things that could be done during other times of the year and instead had to do them during Ramadhan. I was involved in a theater, entered a contest (that I was in the running to win for?), help move stuff from one house to another, took over my mom's gym membership and a heck of a lot more things.
I was insanely running from one point to another, all flustered and sometimes barely making it for break fast in time. I once broke fast while I was walking from the LRT to my house. I felt like crying, but thought of it as if it was any other day.
When it was finally bed time, I totally zonked out. Then we had to wake up every 5am to magically come up with some dish and eat our sahur. Then prayers etc. Sometimes we also wake up in the wee hours before sahur to pray. So you get how enormously tired our bodies would be. My sleeping patterns was really messed up, that I accidentally woke up at 10am and was really late for work.
If you think I'm complaining, well, I'm not. I'm just saying that now, I hope things would go back to normal, I can eat at normal hours, and not have to wake up at odd times or do things differently.
So on this eve of Hari Raya, I'd like to wish you all a good one (improperly first, I'll do a proper one later) and I think I'm gonna get that long, dreamful rest I've been longing for. Thank God, we've prepared food, did spring cleaning, put kuih in the jars, and even ironed our clothes already. Hence, this rest will be well-deserved.
Selamat Hari Raya everyone; and emphasize the 'selamat' in that phrase please :) Love you all!
5 comments:
ko buat semua tu sebab nak kurus eh? hahahaha
ko buat semua ni sebab nak kurus eh? hahahahah
somehow it summed up a normal ramadhan..dugaan a plenty..what doesnt kill u will make u stronger eh?..haha..and i see uve substituted the over exuberance of buying food ur later regret buying in bazaar ramadhans with entering and doing lots of diff things...hahaha...salam lebaran anyways??(still valid ka?)..haha
azzam,
kau memang kureng kan! :p
zulhilmi,
yeah pretty much any normal Ranadhan..and ur probably right about channeling all the possible amount of energy I have on the activities rather than food. and it's not too late to wish, hence, selamat hari raya to you too! and maaf zahir dan batin! :)
Post a Comment