How do you say it?
Two-Oh-Twelve or Twenty Twelve?
I say it as Two-Oh-Effing-Twelve.
It has been one hell of a ride, and I still can't believe I made it out alive.
As any other year, a lot has happened. But this time around, I hit so many milestones that I just can't help giving myself a pat on the back.
I made important life decisions, chose between crossroads, fell and stood up by myself and all in all just tried to be a champion at battles against myself.
Whether I succeeded.. let's wait for the answer this year and see if I can reap the rewards.
And before I start complaining and whining I want to just say one thing:
Alhamdulillah.
I truly appreciate all that I have gained throughout this year (and all through my life).
Thank you Allah. I know I have been asking for too much, that I sometimes forget to thank You.
All the hard truths, brutal experiences.. I appreciate them all.
Very loving and harmonious family who's always there for me regardless, understanding boyfriend who I can't imagine living without now, a few great friends that I really cherish, fun acquaintances and new friends, nice colleagues and workplace, a job that I'm starting to really have a soft spot for, comfortable new house (where I finally have my own room), and the ability to travel as I want.
Thank you.
I truly appreciate all that I have gained throughout this year (and all through my life).
Thank you Allah. I know I have been asking for too much, that I sometimes forget to thank You.
All the hard truths, brutal experiences.. I appreciate them all.
Very loving and harmonious family who's always there for me regardless, understanding boyfriend who I can't imagine living without now, a few great friends that I really cherish, fun acquaintances and new friends, nice colleagues and workplace, a job that I'm starting to really have a soft spot for, comfortable new house (where I finally have my own room), and the ability to travel as I want.
Thank you.
The only standing question now is, what was I doing at the end of 2012 and the start of 2013?
I was here.
I was here.
I was praying right in front of the Kaabah, with a few thousand other Muslims from all over the world.
It was definitely an amazing opportunity and I count myself lucky.
Definitely the right way to end and start the year. I pray that I will be able to make this an annual tradition.
And so to 2012, I thank you for being a great teacher of experience, and I have come out a little wiser.
I look forward to a rocky (where's the fun in not having a few turbulances? :p) yet fruitful year with the people I love the most around me.
And now I officially say so long to you 2012, a year that I used to know and you shall be in the equation that makes me who I am right now.
And I say hello 2013. Please treat me well.
The Best of Me - The Starting Line


No comments:
Post a Comment