On Monday morning, my Dad asked me in the car when he was sending me to the LRT.
Dad: How much is 53 minus 46?
Me: *tempted to take out my handphone for the calculator* hmm..seven?
Dad: Ok..
Me: Why??
Dad: Nothing..
I figured he was counting the age gap between him and my mom. Somehow I felt sad.
Do you know, I once read in a study that the average life span of a Malay male is 60years, and Chinese men 65. Malay women goes up to 70 and Chinese women goes up to 75years old.
But of course, that's just a mean score, average. You would live a shorter life, if you smoke, or eat piles of sugar everyday and get diabetes which attracts high-blood pressure and yada yada. Or live longer if you consume fresh vegetables from the backyard everyday and drink lots of river osmosis water etc.
My point is, if the average Malay male lives up to 60 years of age, and my dad is now 53 years old, I only have 7 years left with him!! (This is just theoretically speaking, I know life and death is in the hands of God)
And my Dad is not the type of person who exercises, eats healthily, get enough sleep..in short, he just doesn't really worry about sickness and..death.
But I do worry, for him. I feel like I need more time with him. Indeed, we can never get enough; especially of the things and people we love.
I miss him, even when I'm with him.
4 comments:
dads are like that I think. :(
takut lah pulak.
' I miss him even when im with him'
that was sweet.
awwww..xpe doa2kan pjg umue & murah rezeki..i remembered back when u told me about this babe..it seems that it's always in ur head..:)
Post a Comment